When you live in an area where it’s warm most of the year, you must know by now how important it is to install an attic fan. Attic fans help reduce moisture in the attic area. It may also be effective in lowering down your home’s overall temperature. Because homeowners are now also concerned about energy efficiency, solar attic fans are fast becoming very popular. If you’re looking for a replacement for your existing attic fan or if you’re looking to get one for your new home, then it would be good to consider solar-powered attic fans as an option.
By now, you must already know the many benefits of using attic fans. This is probably the reason why you’re looking for other options. Traditional attic fans can be quite pricey to maintain. They consume energy too. While they’re supposed to help reduce your energy bills by reducing heat in your attic area, these attic fans actually add up to your energy bill too. In addition, some regular attic fans can get quite noisy as well, which can disrupt your relaxing sleep, especially at night.
Solar attic fans are able to address the issues about regular attic fans mentioned above. It offers a number of benefits that make it worth every penny. Among those benefits are the following:
1. Easy installation - You may need assistance from a solar contractor to install an attic fan, but you must know that it’s fairly easy. There are no complicated wiring systems needed as solar attic fans do not need electricity to work. In most cases, the installation may take only an hour or even less!
2. No operating costs at all - Since it relies mainly on solar power, then expect no additional cost to your monthly energy bill when using a solar attic fan.
3. Offers the same benefits of traditional attic fans - These benefits include effective ventilation of your attic area. Proper ventilation can help reduce moisture and mold buildup in your attic and roof. This prolongs the life of your roof, which would otherwise cost a lot to replace. It helps reduce energy costs as your home becomes cooler. You don’t have to turn up your AC too high all the time.
4. Silent operation - Most solar attic fans are quiet. You won’t even hear or feel they’re there but the fans are actually working just fine!
5. Powerful and effective - In most average-sized homes, even one solar attic fan would be enough to offer all the benefits you need to get from it.
To make sure you’re getting most out of your solar attic fan, it’s best to work with licensed solar contractors. Some homeowners risk to DIY installation or ask their local handyman to help them out. However, you can’t be guaranteed that your solar attic fan would be as efficient when you’re working with a non-expert.
For best results when installing solar-powered attic fans, TEO Solar is happy to help you out. Our service areas cover Daytona Beach, Port Orange, Palm Coast, Ormond Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Bunnell, and nearby communities. Call 386-437-2671 for a free quote.
Bill has been a solar professional for more than 30 years, and has extensive experience in all things solar. During this time, he has seen solar grow, evolve, and improve. His passion is solar.